Online Member portfoliosSee Member Portfolios
Introduction to Exemption
If you already hold a photographic qualification you may not have to submit a portfolio of work for the Licentiateship.
The only courses recognised by the Society are as follows:
- BTEC ND / BTEC HNC / BTEC HND IN PHOTOGRAPHY
- BTEC Extended Diploma Photography
- PHOTOGRAPHIC FOUNDATION DEGREE
- IF YOU ARE A CURRENT LBIPP
- IF YOU ARE A CURRENT LMPA
- PHOTOGRAPHY A LEVEL - GRADE A or A*
- C&G Level 3 Diploma in Professional Photo Imaging 7512-03 500/6950/0
- C&G Level 3 Diploma in Photography 7512-03 500/8079/9
- C&G Level 3 Diploma in Photography and Photo Imaging 7512-03 500/6949/4
Also accepted is a combination of any C&G level 3 certificates courses completed that are more or equal to the 400 GLH.
7511-31 Level 3 Certificate in Photo Imaging (290 GLH)
7511-29 Level 3 Certificate in Photography and Photo Imaging (220 GLH)
- OCA ( 2 Awards required at level 2 or above).
- Scuola Romana di Fotografia
Courses for which The Royal Photographic Society does not award the LRPS Distinction are as follows:
- OU T189
- Online courses
- Overseas courses
- City & Guilds Award
You will need to fill out an Exemption Form (PDF).
If you are a member of the Society all you need to pay is the application fee £27.50.
If you are not already a member. Non-members will need to complete section 12 of the LRPS application form. The application form will need to include application fee and subscription fee.
To accompany your application, we ask that you send a photocopy of your certificate of the award gained or a letter of confirmation from the relevant University/College/ Governing body. The accompanying evidence must state your full name, the award gained and place of study.
The Royal Photographic Society's Council will need to ratify your application, which is done once in every month. After this point the Distinction is awarded and your membership application is then processed.
A letter of confirmation, Certificate and lapel badge will be sent within seven working days of the Council Meeting.
Please send all applications to the Distinctions Department at the Fenton House address stated on the last page of all application forms.
Tuesday - 16th July 2013
Tuesday - 20th August 2013
Friday -27th September 2013
Tuesday -15th October 2013
Tuesday -3rd December 2013