Online Member portfoliosSee Member Portfolios
Be part of the world’s largest and most prestigious photographic organisation.
Students can join the RPS for less than half the cost of standard membership and still receive the same full benefits. Join today
- Big discount of over 50% on yearly membership fees for students.
- Free regular RPS publication. All members receive a free copy of The Society’s highly acclaimed journal. The Journal is published ten times per year and students have the opportunity to get work seen by 10,000 photographers and potential clients via the Student Focus articles featured in the Journal.
- Thousands of pounds in bursary funding available. The Royal Photographic Society offer a number of different bursary schemes for the benefit of young image makers. There are also bursaries for attending RPS events. More information on Bursary Funding
- Create an online profile for you and your work and get your work seen by 32,000 web users per month. Members can put a portfolio of up to 22 images along with a short biography on The Society website. Explore Members Portfolios
- The chance to show your work in internationally recognised Society Exhibitions The Society stages three major touring exhibitions: The International Print, International Projected Image and The Society Members’ Exhibition
- Exclusive access to member-only competitions.
- Gain accreditation and enhance your CV via internationally recognised Distinctions. These are awarded either on the basis of a portfolio of work or by exemption following successful completion of a recognised course including Degree, HND and BTEC qualifications. More information on Distinctions
- Share and discuss your images via The RPS members’ forum.
- Get involved in up to 300 events each year.
- Get connected and socialise on The RPS Facebook group.
- Discounts on selected workshops including topics such as Going Freelance.
- Discover The Learning Zone, which contains advice and ideas, helping you find inspiration for your project work.
- The Society offers a wide range of lectures and workshops for members and non-members. The Society works closely with Skillset, schools, universities and colleges to provide teaching resources and expertise.
All this for just £52.00 per year! Join today
For further information please contact:
Simon Bibb (Membership Manager)
firstname.lastname@example.org 01225 325743
1. Membership discount applies to full time college/university students studying any course, or photography students studying a course that leads to an RPS Distinction by exemption: http://www.rps.org/licentiateship/Exemptions
2. Current student membership fees can be found here.
3. Please have full course details to hand when contacting The RPS.