First meet up for Bleeding London.
Meet up to explore whether there’s any truth in the ‘persistent, and persistently unsubstantiated rumour ... that there is a trap street on every page of the London A-Z’ (Frank Jacobs).
Aim: To cover one page of the A-Z, between us, and report back with our findings.
We’ll divide the page into different routes, so small groups of walkers can cover different sections.
What you need to do
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your involvement.
- Turn up between 13:30 and 14:00.
- Bring a camera (or phone), an A to Z – app or map (although we have a number of spares, just in case) and a travel card (for the outer reaches).
- Collect your route instructions from our route master.
- Follow your route and collect a photograph from each street.
- Return to base, where we will mark off the streets and see if we can find the trap.
- Enjoy some refreshments, meet other participants and print out your pic to add to our Bleeding London wall.
Image: Leake St, SE1 © Carol Clements