How to get the best results when photographing babies and children.
As photography is getting more popular, it’s important to be the best in you field. This means creative flair and high quality finishing. If you enjoy working with children but cant quite get the professional finish to make the big sales, then this course will help you achieve this.
Time is an issue when dealing with children. Kathy will be showing you how to be swift and efficient to enable maximum results; demonstrate how to set up, photograph and finish your images so your work stands out from the rest.
This is a stand-alone course, which will give you the skills that will enhance your images and professionalism to boost your business. It is a one-day course that will be a combination of theory and practical with a little model in the afternoon, to practice your new skills.
- Introductions and plan for the day.
- The best equipment for the job.
- How to get the best out of a portrait session with babies and children.
- Set up: show different lighting effects using different backgrounds, props etc.
- Practical session with a model and a variety of equipment.
- Postproduction workshop using Lightroom.
- Finishing images to give a different yet professional touch.
- Conclusion and questions.
Need to bring:
DSLR camera with suitable lens and memory card - tripod if you have one.
Pen and paper
Packed lunch or there are local amenities available.
Please note the practical session in the afternoon will be the ideal opportunity for you to witness the importance of speed and efficiency, as the models will be very young and unpredictable. Ideal for practice, but unpredictable! The images you take will be for personal portfolio. However, for £10 a model release form can be signed by the parent, enabling public use.
Times: 10am – 5pm
Address: Manger Barn, 1 High Street, Lacock, SN15 2LQ
Parking: You can park in the Red Lion Car Park which is found opposite the barn.
Image © Kathy Holmes