Bleeding London will be having a massive sweep-up operation over the weekend of the August Bank Holiday. We aim to fill in some of the gaps and cover some of the areas that are as yet untouched. But, there’s an added twist ... we’ll be using the squares of the A to Z as the board in a game of Battleships. Teams or individuals will compete to see who can hit the most enemy ships.
The game will commence on Friday afternoon and finish on Monday evening, but you don’t have to sign up for the whole weekend – even if you can just offer an hour, it will all help.
If you don't fancy any of the areas on our itinerary, email us at email@example.com indicating your preferred area and we'll send you the lists of the gaps.
- 15:00 Barnes Bridge Station (bottom of the steps from the north-bound platform). For those travelling by bus, take the 209 from Hammersmith - 10 minute ride).
- 10:00 Earl’s Court Station
- 13:00 Camberwell (Café at the Ortus, 82-96 Grove Lane)
- 10:30 Golders Green Tube Station
- 15:00 Latimer Road Tube Station; GROUP MEET POSTPOMED BECAUSE OF THE CARNIVAL.
- 10:10 East Croydon Rail Station (9.47 train from Victoria)
- 15:00 Leyton Tube Station
To participate, email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating which battle you'll be attending.
You will need to bring a copy of the London A to Z or purchase one from us at the meeting point.
By signing up for the game of Battleships, you confirm that you have read RPS London’s risk assessment downloadable from here.
The event is open to members and non-members.