This workshop has been cancelled
This course has been designed to help those wishing to embark on photography as a business; it will not cover any aspects of image making but it will give an understanding of what is involved in running a successful business. Delegates need have no previous business experience to attend the course.
Subjects covered will include:
- Understanding business finance, the importance of maintaining adequate cash flows and the business definition of profit
- What business are you in - portraits/events/weddings/advertising/fine art/stock/architectural photography? Planning your marketing strategy, basic selling skills, advertising, portfolios, copyright matters, websites, computing software for tracking enquiries/ keeping a diary and back up support
- The basic accounting process and how to keep adequate records
- Business structures – sole trader, partnerships or limited companies – which is best for you, and will you need an accountant?
- Compliance; vat, payroll, insurances, corporation and personal taxes
- Creating a business plan. Practical assistance to construct a business plan and prepare a business forecast.
Notes will be provided but delegates should bring along a calculator.
Times: 10am – 4.30pm
Address : http://www.engineroom-somerset.org.uk/contact/