Burma is the main subject and the discussion will be based on the trips earlier this year by the Travel Group to Myanmar as it is now called. If time permits we also to have a wider discussion on travel photography.
The meeting should be of particular interest to those members who are going or thinking of going on either of the two future Travel Group trips to Myanmar (Burma).
The meeting will be informal and the programme will cover:
- The showing of prints and projected images taken on the trips, including members experiences and how they took them. (Depending on time and numbers contributions taken by members on other trips will be shown.)
- Show and discuss photobooks and how to produce them.
- How do members share their photos with others – internet, blogs, facebook, flicka, etc.
- Discussing the potential for articles in Travel Log and possibly submitting one for consideration by the RPS Journal.
- The opportunities for an exhibition of the photos from the trips and other group trips.
- Discuss what travel photography is and how it may differ from RPS distinctions. An FRPS Travel distinction panel on Burma will be shown.
There will be no charge for the meeting as the lecture theatre at Fenton House is being made available to us free of charge or at a low nominal cost.
All members of the Travel Group are welcome as are other RPS members. If you wish to come please advise John Cucksey at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone him on 01263 740415. This is essential as numbers are limited and there has been a very good acceptance level to date, but room will be made for those thinking of going on the future trips.