Image : Afzal Ansary ASIS FRPS
The Analogue Group is pleased to announce that it will be holding an exhibition of members’ prints at Fenton House, RPS HQ, Bath in December 2015. Entries are invited from fully paid-up members of the Group.
Entries are invited from fully paid-up members of the Group.
RPS Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and RPS certificates will be issued to the first, second and third placed prints, chosen by the staff at Fenton House.
How to enter
A maximum of five prints may be submitted by each Group member.
Please see below for rules of entry, print sizes, mounting information etc.
Please submit your prints at the future Group events before the closing date (check RPS website, Group section).
If you cannot attend any of the future events, please post your entries to:
Dr Afzal Ansary FRPS, 5 Nordale Park, Norden, Rochdale OL12 7RS
Closing date for entries is 30 October 2015.
The exhibition will be on display from 1 December 2015 to 13 January 2016.
Entry rules and conditions
- There is no charge for submission of entries.
- A maximum of five prints may be submitted by each Group member.
- A maximum of thirty-two prints to be exhibited will be chosen by the selector(s).
- All mounts must be white (or close to white), 50x40 cms in size, and with a bevel edged aperture/window for the print.
- Image size and aspect ratio of the print may vary, but must fit within the mount size specified.
- Prints must have been made from an original image which is the sole work of the entrant, either taken on photographic film, and darkroom printed and chemically processed; or created using an alternative photographic chemically-based process (such as cyanotype). Commercially-made silver halide prints may be entered.
- Any subject matter in either monochrome or colour is acceptable, provided that it is not considered to be offensive by the selectors.
- There must be no text on the front of the mount or print.
- The title of the print, together with author’s name, address, e-mail address, contact telephone number and RPS membership number should be clearly shown on the reverse of the mount.
- Prints selected for the exhibition will be labelled with title and the photographer's name.
- Notifications or otherwise of acceptance will be e-mailed by mid-November 2016.
- Successful prints will be retained by the Group for future displays at RPS Group or regional meetings for up to twelve months from the close of the exhibition. Unsuccessful prints will need to be collected at the future Group events wherever possible: otherwise postal returns will be at the entrant’s expense.
- Copyright and reproduction: copyright in all entries remains with the photographer. The entrant licences the Group to use images of the entries of the entries for a period of three years to promote the competition and Group.
- Save as varied above, all entries shall be accepted subject to the same rules and conditions as those applicable to entries submitted to the Society’s 2015 International Print Competition.
- Submission of any entry implies acceptance of the rules and conditions of entry and failure to comply may result in disqualification.
Photo book of members’ work
The Group hopes to publish a photo book of members work in 2016, and may wish to include images from this exhibition in the publication (as well as transparency and hybrid process images). Should we proceed with a book please ensure that you have available
- A digital file of each entry to enable reproduction at A4 size (maximum long side 297 mm) at 300dpi, saved as a TIFF (or failing that a maximum quality/minimum compression JPEG) file using an Adobe RGB colour profile; and a brief summary of the process by which each entry was created (for example ‘Taken on Fuji Velvia 120, hand printed on Cibachrome on a Durst AC707 enlarger’ or ‘taken on Ilford FP4, processed in ID11, printed on Fomabrom’)
In case of query please contact the Exhibition Coordinator:
Dr Afzal Ansary FRPS