~~BRISTOL PHOTOBOOK FESTIVAL 2016 --- SOLD OUT!
Please note that this event is now fully booked.
Summary: An invitation for Contemporary Group members who would like to get up to speed in the world of photobooks. Join Brian Steptoe at this year’s Bristol Photobook Festival.
Please note payment for this event is direct with the organisers as detailed below, there is no payment due to the RPS
This event is co-hosted by RRB Photobooks and I-C Visual Lab, Bristol (a hub for contemporary photography). There will be an international range of speakers at this third annual event, together with sales tables from over 20 specialist publishers. Speakers booked to date include:
• Martin Parr, Magnum President, prolific photobook author and collector.
• Mark Power, Professor of photography, Brighton University, photobook author.
• Ken Grant, photographer and photobook author, mainly based around Liverpool area.
• David Solo, New York photobook collector, specialising in Japanese & Chinese authors.
• Laura El-Tantawy, Egyptian photographer and photobook author.
• Amak Mahmoodian, Iranian documentary photographer working in the UK.
• Dragana Jurisic, MFA and PhD degrees from Newport, work about Yugoslavia.
• Krass Clement, Danish photographer, personal work specialising in photobooks.
• Yumi Goto, curator based in Tokyo.
• Ivars Gravlejs, Latvian photographer, became known for his 2015 book Early Works.
• James Barnor, Ghanaian photographer based in London.
• Julian Germain from Northumbria. Most recently known for Classroom Portraits.
• Sonia Berger, who runs Dalpine, a publisher and online bookstore based in Madrid.
A full timed programme of events will be available nearer the date.
Image: Book sales at the first Bristol Photobooks in June 2014.
Venue: SouthBank Club, Dean Lane, Bristol, BS3 1DB
Date: 11-12 June 2016. Start 2pm Friday, end 2pm Sunday.
Cost: Early bookings £68 by 31 Jan, £85 after 31 Jan. Ticket price includes BBQ on Friday night and live music performance on Saturday. Purchase tickets by PayPal at www.photobookbristol.com/index.php/tickets or to pay by cheque or direct transfer, email to mailto:email@example.com