Japan is a land of contrasts - ancient and modern; traditional culture and modern technology; densely populated cities and wild areas; high rise buildings and wooden houses; tea ceremonies and bullet trains.
This will be a 15 night, tailor-made tour during Japan’s cherry blossom season, exploring some of the country’s most scenic areas, and utilising public transport including the famous ‘bullet train’.
- An afternoon tour of Tokyo with a local photographer guide
- A full day tour of Tokyo with a local guide
- Hopefully observing and taking part in ‘Hanami’ parties celebrating the arrival of the cherry blossom
- A stay in a temple lodging in Nagano, gateway to the Japanese Alps
- An optional visit to see the famous snow monkeys
- Matsumoto Castle, sake breweries, samurai culture
- Takayama – ‘little Kyoto’, shrines, temples, folk village, riverside market
- Hakusan National Park, unique thatched farmhouses
- Kyoto, with many cultural riches – 1,600 Buddhist temples, 400 Shinto shrines, world-class gardens, we will have tea with a geisha, and a day tour with private guide
- Miyajima Island, stay in a Ryokan, see the iconic red floating gate
- Hakone National Park, Mount Fuji
- Tokyo by night tour with a local photographer guide
Approximate cost £3,020 excluding flights. Flight cost approximately £800. Single supplement to be advised.
Included in the cost: 13 nights bed and breakfast, 2 nights half board; Manaca transport pass with a credit of 2500 yen; a 7 day Japan rail pass; and a 3 day Hakone Freepass.
This private group tour is being organised for us by Wexas. There is no minimum number required for the trip to run.
For details of how to book contact Aline Hopkins – firstname.lastname@example.org