The 2016 Documentary Photographer of the Year is now open.
The DPoTY competition is open to all members of the RPS and is free. Participants will have to be members of the RPS at the time they submit their entries and at the time of the prize giving (in late October or November).
We are fortunate that both Olympus and theprintspace are offering us their support again this year.
- There will be two categories, Colour and Monochrome.
- Entries will require five images. An accompanying statement is not required. We shall, however, need a title for the series.
- This year we are partnering with theprintspace, whose facility, the hub, will host the entries. you will be able to submit your entries as high-resolution images.
- There will be a winner and two runners up in each category and an overall winner.
- All information concerning entry to the competition is available on the Documentary Group pages of the RPS website. The rules of the competition and the submissions process are available to view and download.
- We will maintain the http://dpoty.com site which will act as an information centre.
- Images taken from 1 January 2015 to 31 August 2016 will be valid.
- The closing date for entries is 31 August 2016.
There will be some very interesting prizes for the best three entries in each category, as well as the winner PLUS the prospect of seeing your work exhibited when we celebrate the work and achievement of the winners later in the year. More information on this later.
Winning images from DPotY 2015 can be found on the DPoTY web site.
See more at: http://www.rps.org/special-interest-groups/documentary/about/documentary-photographer-of-the-year-2016