INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOSHOP
Perhaps you're coming to Photoshop for the first time and it seems like a daunting task, or maybe you're self-taught with bad habits, either way this workshop concentrates on areas of Photoshop that are key for photographers. Our goal is to teach you how to use the tools, concepts and workflows needed to succeed and develop good practice.
This workshop can be either taken as a stand alone, or as a follow-on from The Society's 'Introduction to the Digital Camera' course. Your tutor will take you through a collection of practical tutorials where you will learn the fundamental tools, techniques and workflows for Photoshop.
Image review using Adobe Bridge and Camera Raw
• Using Adobe's Bridge to sort, rate and organise your workflow
• Batch rename images
• Basic introduction to the Adobe Camera Raw Plugin for editing camera Raw images
Introduction to Photoshop
• Getting images into Photoshop
• Understanding your work area
• Rotating, resizing and cropping
• Navigation in a document
• Image Editing
• Saving your image and understanding file formats for print or web
• Jpegs, Tiffs and PSD file formats explained
• Standard brush tools
• Retouching images
• Clone stamp
• Healing brush
• Undoing and History
• Creating and using layers
• Managing layers
• Levels, colour balance and Channel mixer
• Make a Black and White image and then adding areas of colour
• Creating and modifying selections
• Marquee and lasso tools
• Magic wand tool
• Selecting a colour range
• Adding type
• Use a Smart layer to create Smart Sharpen
• Setting up your monitor for colour management
style="font-family: Arial;">How to print on your home printer
This course is suitable for those with limited or no experience of Photoshop.
Delegates should have a good understanding of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system.
What to bring
A blank CD-R or USB pen for your notes (provided in PDF format) and workable files.
Bring a packed lunch or use local facilities. Drinks provided.
Address: The Royal Photographic Society, Fenton House, 122 Wells Road, Bath BA2 3AH
Parking: There is no parking at the RPS on week days but there are spaces available in the surrounding streets. At weekends you can park in the RPS car park which is accessed to the left of the building through a gateway.
Wanting to know more about Photoshop? Why not attend The Society's Photoshop Part 2 course, where you'll learn even more great tips and skills to help you get the most from your photographic images.
image: Copyright David Cooke FRPS