We’re about half-way through Breathing London – the RPS London Region’s project to photograph the diversity of London’s green and open spaces over a year.
To see what we’ve been up to, you are invited to a free Breathing London Pop-up at the Magic Gallery, Charing Cross on Saturday 1st October from 2:00 – 4:00 pm.
If you’ve already signed up come along and meet some of your fellow participants. If you haven’t yet joined, come along to see what we’ve been doing and maybe get inspired to join us.
We’ll be showing the Breathing London presentation from the "Make London a National Park City" event at the Festival Hall. We’ll also be displaying images from our monthly competition winners and our picture of the week selections.
There will be a ‘pin-up’ photo competition with book prizes for winning entries. (This replaces our September Competition). Rules for entering this competition are:
- One picture per person.
- Print no larger than A4, unmounted with no watermark or other identifying information on print.
- Image must have been taken in one of London’s green or open spaces – in other words a ‘Breathing London’ photo!
- Image should not be one that was included in the Festival Hall presentation, a monthly competition winner or one of our pictures of the week (as we will be displaying these at the event already).
- Apart from those above any image uploaded to the Breathing London website is eligible as are images not yet uploaded.
- Entry open to everyone attending, whether or not already signed up as a member of the project.
Entries will be pinned up on the wall of the gallery and winners will be selected by popular vote.
We’re looking forward to having some Breathing London fun. Bring yourself, bring a photo, bring a friend (or two)! Hope to see you there.
The Magic Gallery
Charing Cross Underground Arcade
(The gallery is next door to Davenport’s Magic Shop.)
We’re very lucky to get the opportunity to hold this event at this venue as it is closing on this date so we will be the Grand Finale!
This event is free: it would help us if you can book using the blue button above so that we know how many people to cater for.
Image: "Keeping Dry?" ©Ed Peston