Creative Techniques in Photoshop Tutor: John Humphrey FRPS
This is a practical workshop to demonstrate the tools and techniques in Photoshop for producing images that are genuinely distinctive and personal. John Humphrey shows a range of approaches that enable you to apply your creative vision to photographs. Starting with the essential Photoshop tools, John demonstrates how they can be used, often in combination, to produce ‘photographic art’. Basic familiarity with Photoshop will be assumed, although advanced knowledge is not required.
The workshop includes:
- Layer masks, blend modes and layer styles
- Tips and tricks for effective use of artistic filters
- Using filters in combination
- Combining pictures and applying textures
- Creative toning and split toning
- Blurring and mirroring to produce abstract and impressionist images
- Image edges and borders
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who has basic familiarity with Photoshop but is looking for new ideas, a wider range of techniques, and the ability to use Photoshop to develop a personal style.
- Bring their own laptop loaded with a version of Photoshop (not Elements)
- Ideally bring a computer mouse and mouse mat, to make fine adjustment of images easier
- Feel comfortable working in Photoshop Layers
- Be able to use Photoshop Layer Masks
- Be able to make Selections in a Photoshop image and Feather a Selection
What happens on the course?
The course is a combination of presentations and demonstrations together with exercises to ensure that delegates are able to put the techniques into practice. Delegates will need to bring their own laptop computer equipped with a version of Photoshop. John will provide image files to download for the exercises. If you would like to apply the techniques to your own images, ensure that some of your own image files are installed on your computer.
Delegates are welcome to bring any photographs they would like to show and discuss. Please be aware that there might not be time to look at everyone’s images.
Lunch is provided - please let us know if you have any specific dietary needs.
Time: 10.00am – 4.30pm
Location: Amersham Studios
Rear of 31, The Penningtons,
Tel +44 (78) 25621916
Parking: There is parking outside the studio