This workshop is ideal if you want the skills to take beautiful and natural images of children.
You will need to bring along your camera, lenses, a note pad, pen, and a creative mind!
In the afternoon practical session we will have two beautiful child models, where you can practice and develop your newly learnt skills.
Why will this make me a better photographer?
This workshop will be an introduction into children’s portraiture, with the main emphasis on how to capture stunning images of children on location. Using, styling, light, composition and expression to push your portraiture to a different level.
Key Learning points:
- An introduction of Saraya and some of her images.
- An in depth look at some of Sarayas most recent projects, and a detailed description of how she approaches her location portraits.
- With particular attention paid to, location spotting, looking for the light, correct lenses and camera settings to use, in a variety of different scenarios.
- Hands on, on local shoot to practice new skills and explore the various techniques Saraya may use to create her portraiture.
- Return to the studio for review and summery.
There will be several hours here you will be able to practice your skill on location. Saraya will be on hand guiding and demonstrating first hand how to capture beautiful images of children. Explaining what to look for, and how to see the perfect image.
We limit the number of attendee to small numbers to ensure we deliver a world class experience.
As with all Amersham Studios courses will be providing:
– FREE transport to and from Amersham Station.
– Tea, coffee and even cucumber water and a scrumptious buffet lunch Please let us know any dietary needs when booking by email email@example.com or telephone 01225 325 733.
Our Experts Credentials:
Saraya Cortaville is an award winning portrait and social documentary photographer. She has received two fellowships (one of only two women in the uk to have achieved this) one for studio portraiture and most recently social documentary for a project she completed in 2015 whilst living in Africa. She was awarded the Peter Grugeon award for the best fellowship portfolio of 2015, and a gold award in Visual Arts in the professional photography awards 2016.
Saraya’s passion for travel and people has pushed her career in to a more adventurous phase and she has recently lived and worked abroad for various international NGO’s documenting social issues in countries as far as Tanzania and Nepal.
Saraya skillfully manages to draw out her subjects emotions and feelings, in a sensitive and empathetic nature, her portraits are an observation and moment of connection, between two people, rather than photographer, subject. When not abroad Saraya shoots primarily location portraiture specializing in children and documentary weddings.
The workshop will take place at Amersham Studios. Please visit the studio website for further directions and map.
Time: 10.00am – 4.30pm
Location: Amersham Studios
Rear of 31, The Penningtons,
Tel +44 (78) 25621916
Parking: There is parking outside the studio