Painting with Light – Basics Course
Full day course from 10am to 4pm covering all aspects of basic light painting including:
- Setting up and camera settings
- Focusing your camera in the dark
- Basic equipment, what you can use including items commonly found around the house or easily sourced.
- Different effects you can create from different equipment
- Spinning different styles of orbs
- Planning your pictures
- Light drawing and writing
- Special effects and how to create them yourselves
- Using multiple light painting tools
- Using models and light painting portraits (including light painting for wedding photography).
- Create your own unique light painting pictures
- Advance techniques including light stencilling
Delegates should bring:
DSLR or mirrorless camera with bulb mode, tripod, shutter release, spare batteries or charger.
What will be covered:
We will be covering all aspects of basic light painting from setting up your camera, focusing in the dark, equipment and basic kit, spinning the perfect orb, different light painting techniques and effects to create unique images including light painted portraits.
This workshop will be practical based and all participants will get ample opportunity to create their own unique images throughout the day.
All participants will receive the notes to the course on paper and pdf to a e-mail address of choice on the day, including links to all my previous light painting blogs.
Lunch is provided so please let us know if you have any special dietary needs.
Time: 10.00am – 4.30pm
Location: Amersham Studios
Rear of 15, The Penningtons,
Tel +44 (78) 25621916
Parking: There is parking outside the studio
Your tutor will be Claire Harper to see more of her work visit http://www.wexphotographic.com/blog/learning-to-light-paint-claire-harper