The day commences at Austwick village in the Yorkshire Dales just off the A65 meeting at Woodend Farm. From here we follow the Bridle Way to the tiny Hamlet of Feizor to Elaine’s tea rooms for lunch. Thereafter a short walk leads to the triple SSSI site of Oxenber and Wharfe Wood before making a gradual descent back to Woodend Farm.
- Woodend Farm is located on the far side of Austwick village on the single track road to Helwith Bridge. Postcode LA2 8DH. We have permission to park, small fee donation, suggest £5 per car.
- It will take one hour to walk from the farm to Feizor adding in another hour for photography. In the spring the bridle way has Bluebells, Water Avens, Primrose, Butterbur plus general Dales type landscape scenery.
- Feizor is a tiny hamlet with a number of photo opportunities.
- Elaine’s Tearoom is famous in these parts. It is excellent. We plan to stay for one hour for lunch giving members opportunity to chat and perhaps practice some tea-room photography.
- Leaving from Elaine’s at around 1pm, we walk through the hamlet and up the hill for around 20mins to the top end of the woods which in springtime bursts into life. Once in the wood photographic opportunity abounds with fields of Bluebells, Primrose, Orchids, Cowslips and open scenery, making our way back to the cars just before 4pm.
- The tour is being organised by Allan Hartley ARPS, www.allanhartley.co.uk who can be contacted by email at HartleyAlmal@aol.com or by telephone on 015242 61173
Group size 12
Walking distance about 5 miles comprising flatish bridle way, paved road, woodland path uneven in places. There are a number of wall stiles to cross. Walking boots recommended.
The Risk Assessment and Health & Safety Issues
Please note that the RPS, RPS North West and the event leader accept no responsibility for any mishaps/accident. The participants must accept their own responsibilities and are responsible for their own safety. Any one who is concerned about this please contact Afzal Ansary FRPS. Phone: 0797 040 3672 or email: email@example.com
To book please contact Allan on 015242 61173