Advanced Creative Compositing in Photoshop Tutor Andrew Dobell
This is a practical workshop that will demonstrate and guide you through the process of creating a composite image. Andrew will guide you through the whole process, including a studio shoot at the start followed by an afternoon working in Photoshop to create a final composite image. The process will involve merging background and environmental elements to create a final unified image.
Basic familiarity with Photoshop is needed, although advanced knowledge is not required.
- Shooting for composites, what to do and be aware of.
- A 2 hour shoot with a model so you have images to work from.
- How to cut out your model, including how to cut out difficult areas, such as hair.
- Working non-destructively
- How to create a background.
- Adding effects and environmental elements, such as fire, mist and more.
- Bringing it all together to make everything fit and work.
Who is this course for
This is for anyone that has a good basic knowledge of Photoshop but is interested to know more about the advanced techniques used in high level professional compositing.
- Bring their own Camera to use on the shoot, Ideally a DSLR or Mirrorless camera.
- Bring a method to transfer their images onto their laptop.
- Bring a Laptop loaded with a full version of Photoshop (NOT Elements, and preferably with Photoshop CC)
- Ideally bring a Graphics Tablet, although a mouse is workable. (Using the Trackpad is not advisable)
- Feel comfortable with Photoshop basics, such as Layers.
What’s happens on the course.
The course is split into two parts. The morning consists of a shoot with a model to get images they can use for creating a composite image. Andrew will talk about how to shoot for composites and allow everyone time with the model to shoot.
After a break for lunch (Please bring a packed lunch) the afternoon is spent taking one of your images and creating a composite image out of it. You will be guided through the entire process.
Time: 10am – 5.30 pm
Address: Square 1 Studio / Leigh, Surrey RH2 8PA, UK
Telephone number: 01306 611444
Please note:- Sat Nav postcode co-ordinates will take you to the wrong address 500yds away from the entrance (but you are very close). There are direction signs at the nearby junctions displaying the Square 1 logo
Outside the entrance is a logo board & 6 white posts on the verge. Remember what the logo looks like – you can see it on the website http://www.square1studio.co.uk 9 squares mostly yellow with 1 grey one in the top L/h corner.
Nearest Motorway – M25 & exit Junction 9 (Leatherhead) Follow A24 south towards Dorking After several roundabouts & at end of duel carriageway A24 meets with A25. This roundabout has a Silver Chicken/Cockrell sculpture in the middle. Turn left A25 towards Reigate. After 1.5miles turn right signposted Brockham/Newdigate. Keep on this road until the end (3.5 miles) - do not turn off. (After turning onto this road, after0.5 miles you will go over a bridge, across village green & past church – keep going)
After a further 3 miles the road drops down a small hill, round a sharp L/hand bend & then shortly comes to a T junction (Clayhill Road/Broad Lane) Turn left – drive up slight hill & the entrance is 1st entrance on L/hand side. Look for 6 white posts on verge outside & a Square 1 logo board (yellow squares). Follow up drive, past the house into car park at the rear.