Portraiture and Getting the Most From Your Subject
This is a full days workshop that consists of a morning in the studio exploring the practicalities, skills and knowledge needed to take great portrait shots. The afternoon will be spent shooting with various light sources and light setups in the studio
Key Learning points:
- What is portraiture?
- Developing your vision.
- Viewer psychology - What are you trying to say and how to say it?
- How to shoot total strangers in the street.
- Tips and tricks for communicating with your subject.
- Look at several go to lighting setups which your subjects will love.
- How to do simple post production to give you images more depth.
- How to embed keywords in to your images to improve your online visibility and SEO.
- How to size images optimally for online and social media.
There will be several hours here you will be able to shoot each other with various lighting setups including natural light, speedlights, continuous lights and studio strobes.
What to bring:
Lunch is included - please let us know if you have any special dietary needs. Bring your cameras and lenses if you have them, otherwise we have a wide range of gear to experiment with.
Doors open at 9:30am and we kick off at 10am to 5pm.
Location: Amersham Studios
Rear of 31, The Penningtons,
Tel +44 (78) 25621916
Parking: There is parking outside the studio
Simon was a finalist in the ‘International iPhone Photography Awards‘, ‘Mobile Photography Awards‘ & ‘Professional Photographer of the Year‘, previously runner up in ‘Professional Photographer of the Year‘ and ‘Sony World Photography Awards‘. Simon’s tutorials have been published by a number of blogs including Lifehacker, DIY Photography.net, Life in Lofi, SLR Lounge, etc he is also Editor of International Photography Magazine: InMyBag