Date: 14th November 09 - 15th November 09
Location: Lacock Wiltshire
Phone: 01225 325 733
Type: Education Workshops
Day 1 Starting from scratch.
- Flash or Continuous light - advantages and disadvantages.
- How a studio flash works.
- Setting up a portrait with a single light.
- Changing the quality of the light with simple accessories.
- Placing the main light. Using a simple reflector.
- Using a flash meter and setting your camera.
- Adding a second light.
- Light control accessories.
- Hair/background lights.
- Getting more depth into your portraits.
- Using a main and fill light.
- Balancing light sources with a flashmeter.
- Lighting a white background - not lighting a black one!
At each stage plenty of time will be allowed for taking your own photographs.
Day 2 The next step.
- Softboxes - stunning portraits with a small softbox.
- Positioning lights and subjects.
- The inverse square law - don't panic!
- Using larger softboxes to create lovely soft lighting.
- Hard, high contrast lighting. Mixing hard and soft light together.
- Lighting for full length. The white background, for children and contemporary portraiture.
- Camera viewpoint.
- Using the Elinchrom Octa lightbank as a huge soft light, a white background and a Ringflash!
This course is supported by Elinchrom Studio Flash and The Flash Centre.
Elinchrom Lighting is used throughout but many of the techniques are the same for other makes of lighting. You will need to bring with you A film or digital camera that can be set to manual (shutter speeds and apertures) with a standard Hot Shoe or a PC connection socket. Please Note: Digital compact cameras are generally not suitable for this course and many are unable to fire