Compact Camera and PhotoShop Elements
Date: 20th March 10 - 21st March 10
Location: RPS, Bath
Phone: 01225 325 733
Type: Education Workshops
Start Time: 10 am
Finish time: 5pm Saturday, 4.30pm Sunday
A fun but informative workshop for all those who want to know more about compact digital cameras and the basics of PhotoShop Elements.
Over two days, this course will teach you the functions and settings of your digital camera, concentrate on down-loading, storing and opening images onto a computer, and the basics of image manipulation using PhotoShop Elements 5.
Please note that this course is specifically designed for compact cameras, however should you wish to use an
SLR digital camera then please contact email@example.com
Digital Photography Introduction
The first session will be spent learning about the digital camera.
· The functions and modes of your compact camera
· Why you should change your camera modes before taking an image, with examples of the results
· How ISO works in the digital medium and when, why and how to change your camera’s ISO settings
· How white balance works and how best to use it
· Learn how to compose your images
Out and About
Your tutor will then take you for further tuition around Bath so you can put what you have learnt into practise.
How to use PhotoShop Elements 5
The second day will be spent learning how to use PhotoShop Elements 5
· Learn how Elements 5 can organise your images by categories, sub categories and date
· How to change the file size of your image so they can be emailed directly from Elements 5
· How to use Elements 5’s automated actions to open, auto correct, rotate, resize and crop your images
· Navigation around an image/know your Elements 5 workspace
· Undoing your mistakes and how your history pallet can be used
· Retouching images
· Adding text to your images.
· Learn how to use colour balance to remove colour casts
· Get to grips with using adjustment layers to alter the contrast and balance of image
· Saving your images for web/presentation and print
· Printing your images
No design or photographic skills are expected, delegates however should have a good understanding of the Windows system.
What to bring
Digital camera, your camera manual, USB lead or USB card reader, a CD-R and a foolscap wallet for your photos. Please empty your cameras memory card before attending the course.
Bring a packed lunch or use local facilities. Drinks provided. You will need to have appropriate clothing for walking and weather conditions.
The above course will be certificated.