Plant and Garden Photography Tips and Tricks
Date: 26th September 10
Time: 10:30PM - 4:00PM
Location: RPS, Bath
Phone: 01225 325 733
Type: Education Workshops
Paul Debois and Jason Ingram are contributors to Gardener’s World magazine and many garden and plant stock libraries.
What happens on the day
What’s in the bag? Jason and Paul will show and demonstrate different types of equipment necessary or at least useful to garden photographers
They will also;
- Disclose lots of essential tips and tricks
- Look at and discuss ways to use light in a close up situation for flower portraits - a practical demonstration will be given using natural ligh
- Give a brief illustrated talk on the type of work that they do including similarities and differences in their approaches
- Give an image critique session where participants can have their own work assessed
- Deliver a session on guarding your copyright when entering competitions.
What should you already know
Participants should have a basic understanding of their own camera equipment which would be preferably SLR based - a lot of the tips and tricks may be difficult for compact users to put into practice.
What will you learn
Hopefully lots of things including a new ways of 'seeing' or visualising images, leading to a confidence in your own abilities and that you don't need to add thousands of pounds worth of equipment to their Christmas list - good results can be achieved with very simple kit.
What do you need to bring with you
Your basic camera kit (for discussion use only) and three images printed on paper up to A3, these can be inkjet or lab prints but need to be good quality for the image critique session.
This workshop is run in partnership with The International Garden Photographer of the Year - www.igpoty.com