Shutter to Print
Date: 10th September 13
Time: 10:00AM - 3:30PM
Location: RPS, Bath
Postcode: BA2 3AH
Phone: 01225 325 733
Members Rate: £50.00
Type: Education Workshops
From Shutter to Print
This course is aimed at any digital photographer who is either already competent at processing digital images but is frustrated by their inability to get great results every time and who want an easier and more successful workflow, or for those film photographers wanting to convert to digital. It's not a Photoshop basics course as features such as the tool palette or how to save files won’t be covered, but it isn't an advanced Photoshop course either because it won’t include any fancy filters or techniques you will hardly ever use. It will simply tell you how to get from shutter to print with the least amount of hassle.
• Making your images flow smoothly from capture to print is the aim of the course and in the introduction you’ll see just how easy it can be.
2. Colour Management
• Good colour management is at the heart of a successful workflow. Here you’ll find out a bit about how colour management works.
3. Monitor Calibration
• With digital photography you have to be able to trust your monitor, because you have no other reference for your images. Here we’ll cover what monitors and monitor calibration systems to choose, and also demonstrate calibrating and profiling a monitor.
4. Working space choice
• Your choice of RGB colour space to work in can be key. The choices will be explained simply and you’ll see how to set the RGB working space in Photoshop.
5. RAW conversion
• We’ll show you how to optimize your RAW conversion using grey balance and camera profiling tools to get the best results. We’ll cover RAW conversion in Camera RAW, Lightroom and Aperture.
• Sharpening can be the key difference between an amateur and a professional looking image. We’ll explain why you need to sharpen, when and by how much.
• Printing images onto inkjets is often where a workflow falls down. We’ll show you how to get it right, and how to make and use printer profiles for great prints every time.
8. Questions & Answers
• We’ll cover any problems you’ve been experiencing and offer advice on how to solve them.