Date: 9th June 13
Time: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Location: RPS, Bath
Postcode: BA2 3AH
Phone: 01225 325733
Members Rate: £85.00
Type: Education Workshops
After taking your digital photos do you want to understand how to edit and share them online?
Would you like to know the difference between the various file types available on your camera?
Having difficulty finding your images within your ever increasing photo library?
Want to learn a few basic retouch-editing techniques to improve your images?
Need to understand the important issue of pixel resolution for screen and print?
Digital photography isn't just about taking images with a compact or DSLR camera; it’s also about editing and enhancing them. Learning how to use image-editing software will not only improve your photos, but can also be used to manage and organise them through an efficient digital workflow.
This intensive and fun photo/image editing workshop is designed for complete beginners with no or little knowledge and is aimed at those who are struggling with the digital process, giving them an understanding of where to start. Through demonstrations and hands-on tuition your tutor will help you get to grips with the basic key tools within Photoshop Elements.
Covering from the initial downloading and processing RAW/Jpeg file types, through the image-editing stage to sharpening, resizing and saving files to output for print and on-screen.
If time allows you will be able to work on your own images with guidance from your tutor.
The techniques and knowledge you will learn on this workshop can also be used in other image-editing programmes such as Picasa, GIMP and may other free or online software.
Delegates should have a basic understanding of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
This workshop covers:
- Steps for a simple digital workflow.
- Downloading, managing & storing photos, adding tags.
- Basic photo enhancement techniques: colour & tone adjustment, cropping, straightening.
- Correcting white balance & exposure.
- Improving quality of image by ‘cleaning up’ using healing tools.
- Improving highlights, shadows and contrast.
- Using the histogram to correct highlight and shadow clipping.
- Converting an image to black and white.
- Batch image correction using layers.
- Understanding pixel resolution - resizing images for print & web/email.
- Preparing images for print & on-screen - resolution & colour space
- Saving and working with various file formats: Jpeg, RAW, Tiff, PSD
What to bring: A foolscap wallet for your photos. A USB pen/stick or blank CD. Bring a packed lunch or use local facilities. Drinks provided. The above course will be certificated.
On applicable workshops the RPS uses an Epson Stylus Photo R3000 printer