Date: 1st February 14 - 2nd February 14
Time: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Location: Lacock, Wiltshire
Postcode: SN15 2LG
Members Rate: £135.00
Type: Education Workshops
Book by calling 01225 325733 or email email@example.com
Provide a short introduction to marketing for success, getting bookings and developing a viable business strategy for wedding photography.
Look at what I call perceptive vision. Seeing the picture using perspective, viewpoint, lines, colour shape and form.
Show how lighting works on the day and demonstrate the pitfalls and problems encountered, and show how to overcome them.
Teach control of lighting, including subtractive and additive techniques, using light modifiers as well as the use and control of flash and fill lighting.
Show how to dealing with poor and artificial lighting on the day.
Conduct a shoot with a bride/groom showing some set poses for the day.
9:45 - 10.00 Arrival and registration
10:00 - 11:00
- Doing the wedding business
- Getting bookings, and marketing.
11:00 - 2:30
- Perceptive Vision
- Where, what, when and how to photograph
- Angles and viewpoint - working the camera angles
- Conceptual angles - the story within the story
- Perspective, shape, form, colour
1:00 - 2:00 Lunch
2:00 - 3:30
- Studio/venue set up for ambient light shooting
- Dealing with ambient and poor lighting
- The use of flash and fill light
- Quality of light
- Light modifiers - Controlling the light - Key shifting
- Additive/subtractive lighting
- Surroundings - buildings, trees etc.
3:30 - 4:30
- The art of working with on-camera flash and Elinchrom Ranger
- Instruction on the appropriate use of on-camera flash.
- Techniques like dragging the shutter. Wireless/slave unit.
- Control of ambient and flash.
10:00 - 12:30
- The art of posing (studio or location depending upon venue and weather)
- Successive Posing - demonstrating a range of poses
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch
1:30 - 4:30
- The art of posing continuation of successive Posing
- A working knowledge of their camera and flash
- Suitable digital camera (however film camera will be OK)
- Dedicated flash unit for the camera
- Sufficient CF cards for 2 days shooting
- Monopod or tripod - but not essential
The shooting sessions will give the delegates the opportunity to photograph a bride (and groom) in set poses used on the day of a wedding. These shooting session will be in a studio environment unless a venue is found that will enable exterior shots (subject to weather). Please bring wellington boots - there is a bit of river wading. The sessions are due to end at the time specified, however sometimes if there are lots of questions they can end a little later.
If you have a Sony camera it will not accept the standard hot shoe found on other cameras. There are a couple of adaptors available but it would be useful if you could bring your own.
Course notes will be provided by the tutor.
If you would like to use the images you take on the workshop for promotional purposes you will need to gain the permission of the model. She/he will then sign a model relaease form - this will carry an extra fee of £10.
Lunch is not provided but there are local amenities.
Number of places on course - 15
Although there is disabled access for participants on this workshop you are advised to have someone assistance or an electric wheelchair as some of the paths are more difficult to travel on.
Click here for map