Aylesford - Landscape Photography Course
Date: 2nd June 13
Time: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Phone: 01225 325 733
Members Rate: £55.00
Type: Education Workshops
This is a photo walk, based on the alluvial plains of the River Medway in the middle of the Kent countryside the historical village of Aylesford. Kept as it was in the Tudor times the old Tudor houses and narrow streets still exist with no modernisation being allowed this is a beautiful picturesque little village. The day will start in the village where you will be able to take in and photograph the hidden treasures of the village including the Aylesford Priory, one of the only remaining and operating Friars left in the UK. After lunch you will be given a guided tour by the Priory and then venture out to photograph the grounds alone or follow the tutor to spots of interest.
This course is for beginners and intermediate, an understanding of Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual Mode would be an advantage.
Aylesford Courses meet at the Car Park at Forstal/Station Road.
The course will cover:
- Briefing on Health and Safety and courteous photography
- How to focus manually using live view for macro photography.
- An experiment using wide angle and telephoto lens to see how it affects DOF.
- Composition, Perspective, Creating a Journey.
- Natural History, Birds.
- How to shoot HDR.
- How to use different metering modes and how to meter to work out which ND Grad filter you need to use
- A guide to the best photographic spots for that specific time of year.
- A look at Picture Styles and shooting in Monochrome and applying different colour filters to see how it affects the tones.
- A guided tour of the Priory with access to areas which would not usually be accessible to visitors.
What people need to bring
- DSLR camera
- Spare batteries and memory card
- ND Grad Filters (not necessary but useful)
- Range of lenses including Kit 18-5mm, 70-200/300mm, 50mm Prime (If not got all 3 just bring what you have)
- Sensible footwear and clothing.
- Bring a packed lunch or you can purchase lunch at the Priory Cafe.