Photoshoot at an English Country House and Garden
Date: 8th November 13
Time: 10:00AM - 4:30PM
Postcode: NG12 2LD
Phone: 01225 325733
Type: Education Workshops
Book by calling 01225 325733
Home to the Brackenbury family, this redbrick early Tudor house sits in south Nottinghamshire, where it has played host to a number of distinguished residents over the years. Built by Sir William Pierrepont in 1500, with period lodgings, a carved Charles I staircase and fine courtyard, the house plays host to dramas and historical films, and is ours to photograph for this day.
The day includes:
- A lecture to begin the day covering tips for best shooting, including lens choice & viewpoint
- Hands-on tuition throughout practical time to ensure confidence with your camera kit
- Plenty of time in both the house, courtyard and garden to shoot at leisure
- Skills building elements- Use of flash and reflectors to add control to interior contrast
- Use of Tripods and lighting permitted throughout - a rariety in a period furnished historic property
The gardens here are stunning, and there should be plenty to allow you to create memorable garden and landscape studies. In addition, the house has displays interiors of various periods, the drawing room is decorated in Victorian style, whilst the long gallery boasts a grand piano and Elizabethan fireplace. The Medieval Lodgings are bare brick and timber with a stone flag floor, a combination of ages and styles to ensure photographic variety throughout.
Lunch is not provided, so please bring a packed lunch.