London 1853 24 hour shoot
Date: 19th January 13 - 20th January 13
Location: Various locations in London
Please ensure that you dress appropriately for the weather (currently predicted to be snow showers - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643741)
The event will still go ahead, however please check-in at the meeting points listed below for any last minute updates.
To help celebrate the 160th Anniversary of the Royal Photographic Society, RPS London is organizing a 24-hour photo shoot, “London1853”, in and around iconic London landmarks. It will start at 16:00 on Saturday 19th January at Trafalgar Square and finish at or near the RSA in John Adam Street at 16:00 on Sunday 20th January – the venue, time and date of the founding meeting.
London 1853 is a 24-hour challenge to photograph London, with a number of options for participation:
- Join us for the full 24-hour marathon, on a route that takes in many of the iconic London sights, all London Monopoly(TM) locations (with a few liberal interpretations) and finishes at the RSA (where the first RPS Meeting was held). 1853 style costume encouraged but not compulsory!
- Join us for part of the event by joining the group for specific periods. A timetable (to be published in the New Year) identifies the planned venues and times throughout the period and the location of temporary bases, where we will aim to meet up. These bases will center at various times around Soho, Liverpool Street and Covent Garden.
- Set up your own local ‘hub’ to shoot with friends in your London area.
- Go out and shoot on your own, maybe at a ‘Monopoly Board’ location or just locally, just let us know where and when you plan to do it during the 24-hour period.
In addition to providing shots to complete the ‘Monopoly Board’ and images of London, there will be a number of related photographic challenges.
The best images for each hour and each location, plus the challenge winners will be selected for exhibition, details to follow after the event.
If you have any questions regarding taking part in this event, please contact us on email@example.com
- 15.00 to 15.50 (19th Jan) Pre-Shoot Meeting Point : Café in the Crypt, St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, WC2N 4JJ (020 7766 1158)
- 16.00 Start Trafalgar Square at Charles I Statue to South of Square
- 22.00 to 22.30 Soho: Bar Italia - 22 Frith Street, Soho, London W1D 4RF (020 7437 4520). If it is too busy we will meet at Balans Café - 34 Old Compton Street, London W1D 4TR (020 7439 2183), which is 50m away.
- Midnight to 00.30 (20th Jan) Soho – as above.
- 04.00 to 04.30 Liverpool Street: Polo 24 Bar - 176 Bishopsgate, EC2M 4NQ (020 7283 4889)
- 08.00 to 08.30 Liverpool Street: Polo 24 Bar – as above.
- 11.00 to 11.30 King’s Cross: Caffè Nero - station concourse
- 13.00 to 13.30 Trafalgar Square: Café in the Crypt – as above
- 16.00 Finishing Line: Royal Society of Arts - 8 John Adam Street, London WC2N 6EZ.
As the event takes place over 24 hours and across London, the meeting points will only be manned for half-an-hour to ‘collect’ participants. However, there will be ample opportunity for refreshment and comfort breaks throughout the shoot.
If you would like to register for this free event please book via the button below.
Please Download the Event information pack: