Creative Techniques in Photoshop
Date: 9th October 13
Time: 10:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: Bath HQ
Members Rate: £85.00
Type: Education Workshops
Region: South West
This is a practical workshop to demonstrate the tools and techniques in Photoshop for producing images that are genuinely distinctive and personal. John Humphrey shows a range of approaches that enable you to apply your creative vision to photographs. Starting with the essential Photoshop tools, John demonstrates how they can be used, often in combination, to produce ‘photographic art’. Basic familiarity with Photoshop will be assumed, although advanced knowledge is not required.
Each delegate will have the use of a computer equipped with Photoshop CS6. However, the techniques explained can be adapted for use on most other image processing software. If you would like to apply the techniques to your own images, bring a selection as jpegs on a memory stick.
The workshop includes:
- Layer masks, blend modes and layer styles
- Tips and tricks for effective use of artistic filters
- Using filters in combination
- Combining pictures and applying textures
- Creative toning and split toning
- Blurring and mirroring to produce abstract and impressionist images
- Image edges and borders
Bring a packed lunch or use local facilities. Drinks provided.