- Fenton House Exhibitions
- Roy Elwood FRPS - June 2013
- Overseas Chapters Exhibition - May 2013
- RPS Staff Exhibition - April 2013
- Special Interest Groups Exhibition - March 2013
- Steve Williams ARPS - Jan/Feb 2013
- John Bradshaw FRPS - Dec/Jan 2013
- John Michael FRPS and Shelagh Wooster ARPS - November 2012
- Mike Birbeck FRPS - October 2012
- Alastair McGhee ARPS - September 2012
- John Gray FRPS - August 2012
- Carlo Chinca - July 2012
- Charley Murrell ARPS - June 2012
- Armando Jongejan FRPS - May 2012
- David Norfolk ARPS - April 2012
- Paul Hurst ARPS - March 2012
- Sue Macpherson ARPS - Jan/Feb
- Glyn Edmunds ARPS - Dec / Jan 2012
- Peter Dazeley - Nov
Online Member portfoliosSee Member Portfolios
Charley Murrell ARPS - June 2012
1st - 28th June 2012
An Exhibition by Bronze (154th International Print) and Under 25 Gold (153rd International Print) Award winner, Charley Murrell ARPS:
In 2009 I began to explore the impact of images upon the everyday lives of children. Cultural influences in the form of advertisements, magazines, television and the Internet have significant effects on how children view themselves.
Children are overwhelmed with imagery that encourages them to generate unattainable ideals, desires for material possessions and an unhealthy focus on status. They also help to shape boys’ and girls’ perceptions about their future roles as adults and ideal body appearances. Evidence suggests that children go through considerable anxiety about their bodies, possessions and aspirations and find it difficult to resolve the differences between their own lives and the ideals that surround them.
Throughout the project, I found many of my subjects were involved in child modelling. The increase of online modelling websites and child modelling agencies makes it easier and more common for children to step into modelling at a younger age. These photographs explore children’s sense of self and their roles as models and children.
The exhibition will consist of both prints and a multimedia video.
Monday – Friday. 9.30 – 16.30
The Royal Photographic Society
122 Wells Road
Bath BA2 3AH
For further information please contact Lesley Goode. 01225 325720 email@example.com