- Fenton House Exhibitions
- Roy Elwood FRPS - June 2013
- Overseas Chapters Exhibition - May 2013
- RPS Staff Exhibition - April 2013
- Special Interest Groups Exhibition - March 2013
- Steve Williams ARPS - Jan/Feb 2013
- John Bradshaw FRPS - Dec/Jan 2013
- John Michael FRPS and Shelagh Wooster ARPS - November 2012
- Mike Birbeck FRPS - October 2012
- Alastair McGhee ARPS - September 2012
- John Gray FRPS - August 2012
- Carlo Chinca - July 2012
- Charley Murrell ARPS - June 2012
- Armando Jongejan FRPS - May 2012
- David Norfolk ARPS - April 2012
- Paul Hurst ARPS - March 2012
- Sue Macpherson ARPS - Jan/Feb
- Glyn Edmunds ARPS - Dec / Jan 2012
- Peter Dazeley - Nov
Online Member portfoliosSee Member Portfolios
Mike Birbeck FRPS - October 2012
People in the Picture
1 - 30 October 2012
Mike Birbeck FRPS suffered a broken back incurred in a flying accident whilst serving in the Royal Air Force some 30 years ago. He is wheelchair bound, and uses photography as a means of communication, as well as a therapy and creative outlet. He gained his Fellowship of The Royal Photographic Society in 2002, and was awarded the RPS Hood Medal in 2005. He is on the LRPS Distinction Panel, and is also President of the Disabled Photographers' Society. He lives near Taunton in Somerset.
Mike says, 'I have always had an interest in people. I enjoy observing them, and trying to capture expressions, as well as characteristic traits. The most interesting are those who come across as exhibitionists, or have expressive faces.
Most of the images in the exhibition are candid 'street photos', although I have added a few taken in my studio as well. I do not try to make my images 'say anything', but rather hope that some elements of the subjects' characteristics come across.
All of the images are Giclée prints. The colour images are printed on Fotospeed Platinum Gloss, and the mono on Fotospeed Platinum Baryta papers.'
Monday – Friday. 9.30 – 16.30
The Royal Photographic Society
122 Wells Road
Bath BA2 3AH
For further information please contact Lesley Goode. 01225 325720 firstname.lastname@example.org