No members foundSee Member Portfolios
About the Royal Photographic Society
Who are we?
We are a Regional Centre of the Digital Imaging Group
- The Digital camera has, all but, replaced the film cameras we were using only a few short years ago. We want our Centre to be place that reflects this change and somewhere that will encourage photographers to progress and learn new techniques about Digital Imaging.
- We will be putting on a number of events for photographers who wish to be more creative or to widen their horizons and to expand their knowledge of Digital processing and the various software packages.
- Although the Centre is currently based in the Cambridge area but would welcome suggestions from members in other parts of our region so that it may be possible for us to future meetings in their area.
What Area does it cover?
Members living outside that geographical area are very welcome to attend our meetings. We also welcome all RPS members who are not members of the Digital Imaging group. In addition we we extend a very warm welcome to all members of the public who wish to attend our meetings.
Who is it for?
- Basically all photographers who enjoy digital photography and then processing the results on a computer.
Centre activities will include;
- Meetings, lectures and workshops within the region.
- An active forum for discussions.
- A place for sharing information and ideas.
- Stage exhibitions of members work.
What does it cost?
- Remember : Membership is FREE! to members of the Digital Imaging Group.
On most occasions there will be an addmission fee to attend our meetings but this will be kept to a minimum and will only be made to cover the expenses involved with putting on the meeting.
When we do charge an admission fee members of the Digital Imaging Group will usually be entitled to a reduced fee.
How do I join?
If you are currently a member of the Digital Imaging Group then your membership includes the DIG Eastern Centre.
If you are a member of the RPS but not of the Digital Imaging Group you can join the Eastern Centre ; please contact the Centre Organiser for more information.
John Margetts LRPS
- e-Mail: DIG Eastern Centre
- Telephone : 01223 700147
Our meeting will be open to all members of the Royal Photographic Society and also to members of the public both will charged at the same rate. Existing members of the Digital Imaging Group will be offered a reduced entry fee to meetings and regular visitors to our meetings may be offered a season ticket at a special discounted rate.
Whatever your photographic skill level you can be assured of a warm welcome to all our meetings.
Where will events and meetings take place?
Our first events will be in Foxton Village Hall near Cambridge although we will try and have events in other venues to enable all members to attend.
This a link to a map and Directions to Foxton Village Hall
All new events and meeting will be posted on our Local Events page here and on the Royal Photographic Society (RPS) web site plus on the Digital Imaging Group (DIG) pages of the web RPS site.
Members of the Royal Photographic Society Digital Imaging Group Eastern Centre will receive an email newsletter with all the latest news and details well in advance, this will allow them plenty of time to make arrangements to attend.