No members foundSee Member Portfolios
Thames Valley Centre
Our PDI Competition
THE ANNUAL PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE COMPETITION
This competition is usually held in May, and is normally judged by an invited judge.
- The PDI competition is open to all current Season Ticket holders and those who have purchased a Day Ticket for the day of the competition. There is, however, no requirement to be present on the day.
- Entrants may submit up to two images; all entries will be displayed as a single class in random order.
- All images must be the sole copyright of the entrant.
- Any image submitted must not have been awarded a place in a previous Thames Valley Centre print or PDI competition. That is to say images placed first, second or third or have been Commended or Highly Commended in either the print or the PDI competitions of the Thames valley Centre are ineligible. Images that are substantially the same as a previously placed entry will be regarded, for the purpose of this rule, as the same image. We wish, however, to see new work and the re-submission of any non-placed image is discouraged.
- Images should be no more than 1400 pixels wide and no more than 1050 pixels high, colour space sRGB, and in JPEG file format.
- The filename of your image should consist of your name in upper case (spaces allowed), followed by the title. Examples would be:
JOE BLOGGS Another Sunset.jpg
MARY POPPINS ARPS Portrait of a Boy.jpg
- The competition will be judged by an external judge.
- The judge will determine a winner, a second place, a third place, and award certificates. In addition, up to three Highly Commended images may be awarded certificates. The judge may award as many Commendeds as he/she wishes. Commended images do not receive certificates.
- All entries must be submitted by email to
Entries must be received before midnight on the Wednesday before the competition.
- Publishing images: We reserve the right to display the winning images at a low resolution on the Centre’s web site gallery, where we will endeavour to mark the images with the copyright of the author. Images are submitted on this understanding.
- 2013: TONY MEARMAN LRPS GALLERY
Judge: Ken Scott
- 2012: JOHN SCOTTEN ARPS DPAGB BPE5* GALLERY
Judge: Rosie Armes FRPS DPAGB EFIAP BPE3*
- 2011: JOHN LEWIS LRPS GALLERY
Judge: Don Byatt ARPS MPAGB EFIAP BPE5*
- 2010: LEN DEELEY FRPS DPAGB BPE3 GALLERY
Judge: Rod Bird
- 2009: DAVID PEARSON LRPS GALLERY
Judge: John Scotten ARPS DPAGB BPE2*
- 2008: IAN SILVESTER ARPS GALLERY
Judged by ballot of those attending