No members foundSee Member Portfolios
Thames Valley Centre
Our Print Competition
THE MILLENNIUM CUP COMPETITION FOR PRINTS
This competition is usually held as the last event of the year. The Millennium Cup is awarded for the best entry in the Annual Print Competition, as judged by a visiting judge.
PLEASE NOTE THE NEW REQUIREMENT IN RULE No. 10 below.
- This competition is open to all who attend the meeting and also to Season Ticket holders who may not be able to attend in person but are able to submit prints through another person.
- The photography shall be entirely the work of the person submitting the prints. The printing may be carried out by someone other than the photographer.
- In consideration of the objectives of the Digital Imaging Group, all entries must include a digital phase in the workflow from capture to print.
- The prints may be colour or monochrome and up to two prints per person may be entered.
- The prints may be of any size, but must be mounted on board to a maximum size of 50 x 40 cm.
- Any image submitted must not have been awarded a place in a previous Thames Valley Centre print or PDI competition. That is to say that images placed first, second or third or have been Commended or Highly Commended in either the print or the PDI competitions of the Thames valley Centre are ineligible. Images that are substantially the same as a previously placed entry will be regarded, for the purpose of this rule, as the same image. We wish, however, to see new work and the re-submission of any non-placed image is discouraged.
- There will be one group, and the work will be judged by an independent qualified judge.
- The winner will be awarded the Millennium Cup which they may hold for a period of 12 months. The cup will need to be signed for as this is an open competition.
- Certificates will be awarded to the winner, to those gaining a place in the competition, and to those awarded 'Highly Commended'.
- JPEG version(s) of the image(s) must be sent via email to
email@example.com before midnight on the Wednesday before the competition. Images should be no more than 1400 pixels wide and no more than 1050 pixels high, colour space sRGB. The filename of your image should consist of your name in upper case (spaces allowed), followed by the title. Examples would be:
JOE BLOGGS Another Sunset.jpg
MARY POPPINS ARPS Portrait of a Boy.jpg
- Print entries must be submitted by 10.30 am on the morning of the competition.
- Publishing images: We reserve the right to display the winning images at a low resolution on the Centre¹s web site gallery, where we will endeavour to mark the images with the copyright of the author.
- 2013: IAN SILVESTER ARPS EPSA DPAGB BPE4* GALLERY
Judge: Caroline Colegate ARPS
- 2012: RICHARD TICKNER LRPS GALLERY
Judge: Chris Palmer ARPS AFIAP DPAGB APAGB
- 2011: TONY MEARMAN GALLERY
Judge: Micki Aston MCIoJ CPAGB
- 2010: JOHN LEWIS LRPS GALLERY
Judge: Stan McCartin LRPS CPAGB
- 2009: CAROLE LEWIS ARPS GALLERY
Judge: Gaston Alziary ARPS
- 2008: DIANA KEANE ARPS AFIAP GALLERY
Judge: Micki Aston MCIoJ LRPS CPAGB
- 2007: RON GAFNEY LRPS BPE2* GALLERY
- 2006: ALAN CROSS LRPS GALLERY
- 2005: JOHN HILL
- 2004: MOIRA TAYLOR LRPS
- 2003: DON BAXTER FRPS
- 2001: GASTON F ALZIARY ARPS
- 2000: GASTON F ALZIARY LRPS