Member portfoliosSee Member Portfolios
2013 Members Digital Projected Image Competition
DIGITAL IMAGING GROUP
MEMBERS’ DIGITAL PROJECTED IMAGE COMPETITION 2013
OPEN AND CREATIVE SECTIONS
Closing Date for Entries: 27th October 2013
Enter by CD or On-Line
To Enter On-Line , please use this link Upload.
Full details, including the CD entry form, are available from the Downloads Section of the Group’s website; just click> HERE
For convenience, the rules are also given below:
1. Entry to the Competition is free of charge.
2. There are two Sections (see Definitions below):
3. You may enter a maximum of THREE images in each Section.
4. Images must originate as photographs (image captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. All photographic content in an image must be the sole work of the photographer and, by virtue of submitting an entry; the entrant certifies the work as his or her own. Digital images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise by the maker, and artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated if the photographic content predominates.
5. Any image previously accepted in an Exhibition or Competition organised by the main Digital Imaging Group is not eligible. This does not include those organised by the Group’s Centres or by other ‘sub-groups’.
6. Images must be in RGB mode (even for monochrome images), and in the sRGB colour space. The image size must be no larger than 1400 pixels wide and 1050 pixels high. Images should be saved as .jpg files using the maximum image quality.
7. The files should be named as follows:
Name, title of image
For example, an image titled ‘Cornish Landscape’ by Andrew Smith should be named:
Andrew Smith, Cornish Landscape.jpg
8. On-line Submission (Preferred)
You can submit your entries online by this link Upload
You will be guided through the process.
Before going to the site please make sure that you have named the files correctly and that you know which images you are entering into each section.
9. Submission on CD
Images may be submitted on a CD bearing your name, telephone number and e-mail address. Please do NOT use adhesive labels on CDs.
When making your CD please create two folders (Open and Creative) and put your entries into the appropriate folder.
Complete the Entry Form. Post or deliver your CD and entry form to Dr David F Cooke ARPS to the address given.
Open: Unlimited theme, monochrome and colour works are acceptable.
Creative: Creative Photography is defined as ‘altered reality’. The original image must originate as a photograph made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired with a digital camera. Monochrome and colour works are acceptable.