16 October 2014
Portrait Salon is now in its fourth year. For the first time, it is exhibiting prints which have been submitted to and rejected by the Taylor Wessing National Portrait Gallery Photographic Portrait Prize, in an exhibition which will tour the UK.
The new publication and print exhibition will launch on at 6.30pm on 6 November at Four Corners, London and will hold a projection in Brighton at Sticky Mike’s Frog Bar in association with Miniclick. The print exhibition will then tour to the following locations:
• 6th November – 11th November: Four Corners, London.
• 4th December – 3rd January 2015: Fuse Art Space, Bradford.
• 9th January – 9th February: Oriel Colwyn Gallery, North Wales.
• 19th February – 16th April: Napier University, Edinburgh.
• There will be venues in Birmingham & Bristol for 2015.
This year the selectors were Christiane Monarchi (editor of Photomonitor), Emma Taylor (Creative Advice Network) and photographer Martin Usbourne (Hoxton Mini Press) who selected 70 portraits from 1,184 submissions.
Portrait Salon would not exist without the support of its sponsors which this year included METRO Imaging, Stanley’s Post, Lucid Rep, HERO, Williamson Carson Ltd, Gripvan, Locate Productions and Creative Advice Network.
See more here: http://www.portraitsalon.co.uk/
Image: © Tom Keen