Online Member portfoliosSee Member Portfolios
- Published 16th July 2007
The first Royal Photographic Society Portfolio is to be published in late October, and you have the opportunity to purchase it for a prepublication price of £25 + p&p.
Comprising over 200 pages and with dimensions of 24x26.5cm, Portfolio One is limited edition, full colour, high quality, hard bound and printed with a black cloth cover.
Portfolio One covers current styles and trends within the Society and the photography of its members, advancing the art and science of photography, as well as being a record of the Society at this time.
• Portfolios by Honorary Fellows Heather Angel,
David Bailey, Darren Heath, Susan Meiselas,
Steve Pyke, Tom Stoddart, Denis Thorpe and Art
• Members’ portfolios by the Charnock family, Ken Keene FRPS, Tim Rudman FRPS and Deng Wei FRPS.
• Illustrated articles by Jane Fletcher on Roger
Fenton and the Origins of the Society, Ten Processes That Changed Photography, and the recent acquisitions for the Tyng Collection of work by Mark Power and Trevor Crone.
• Photographic Anomalies of the Apollo Programme by Robin Jenkin PhD ASIS FRPS and Mark Richardson BSc.
• Selection of images from recent Society exhibitions, including the 150th International Print Exhibition.
• Contributions from Regions, Overseas Chapters and Groups.
• Images from recent Licentiateships, Associateships, and Fellowships.
• Members’ Gallery, comprising a large selection of the 2500 images submitted, including tributes to Adi (Eddy) Sethna FRPS and Barrie Thomas FRPS, past Vice Presidents who died in 2006.
The Year’s Photography, published by the Society between 1928-60, reflected trends within the Society and was well respected. It was the policy to invite an eminent member of the Society to be its Editor, and I am honoured to have been asked by Council to be Editor of this first Portfolio. I would like to thank Project
Manager Harry Ricketts HonFRPS, and the Editorial Team, which comprised Jane Fletcher, Mike Hallett FRPS, Peter Noble ARPS, Monica Weller ARPS, Rosemary Wilman ARPS, and Designer Roy Platten, for their sterling efforts in producing this handsome publication, which reflects the eminence of the Society and will
make its members proud. Published well in time for Christmas, Portfolio One will make an ideal present
and, produced in limited numbers, will be in high demand. Members looking for a product they will be proud to own, and a wonderful record of their Society, are asked to show support for this exciting venture through pre-publication purchase of the Portfolio.
Roger Reynolds HonFRPS
Editor Portfolio One
Click here (PDF 4.73MB) for information about Portfolio One
If you wish to purchase a copy please click here (PDF 149.01KB) for order form.
For further information please telephone or email reception:
01225 325733 / firstname.lastname@example.org