View All Member Portfolios
- Taylor-Hughes (MBA,hons),Robert03/11/13
- Teanby A.R.P.S.,Rose19/05/13
- Teer L.R.P.S.,Serena10/04/09
- Thomas L.R.P.S.,Stephen09/02/13
- Thompson ARPS,John26/03/12
- Thompson ARPS,Michael John26/09/13
- Thompson LRPS,Barry05/11/10
- Thompson LRPS,Jacqueline Ann10/08/08
- Thompson LRPS, MAPM, MBIFM.,Clive21/05/13
- Thorndike LRPS,Jason Scott10/05/12
Yi Zhang ARPS
Theatrical photography is interesting to me is because performers, lights and scenes on the stage are full of motion. This makes it different from taking photos in the studio of targets posing in front of the camera to the satisfaction of the photographer. On the stage interesting expression_r, movement or gesture against special lighting effect flash by split seconds. The only tool that I can use to capture such moments is nothing but my camera. 'Capturing with my camera unique moments on the stage which are hard to replicate' represents my philosophy in theatrical photography.
Theatrical photography, in particular the full-of-motion dance photography, I believe, goes beyond the function of recording theatrical events. They give me great room to be creative in projecting my understanding of stories and performances through lenses, creating the beauty of harmony between performing arts and photography.
Note: A link to a non-Society site does not imply endorsement.