View All Member Portfolios
- Turner ARPS,Bob10/10/09
- Turner LRPS,Peter23/11/09
- Turner LRPS,Russell07/10/13
- Turton LRPS,Adrian07/04/12
- Tuska LRPS,Michael19/01/13
- Vaddadi,Suryaprakasa Rao18/12/10
- van der Schaaf,Roelof15/10/10
- van der Waal ARPS,Hil30/01/13
- van der Zee,Koos01/01/07
- Van Kaathoven,Eddy19/09/11
- Van Mellaerts,Richard06/04/09
Heidi Anne Morris
In the summer of 1979 I received a Kodak Instamatic Camera for my 9th birthday. My life was about to change forever when I was sent to Singapore to stay with my uncle. Overwhelmed with my new surroundings, images of a different culture, food, fashion, advertising and the natural world became my first photographic subject matter. It is these first photographic experiences, which have impressed upon me the power of the captured image.
Such early formative experiences made me realise at an early age, that our primitive perception of the world and how we record it is imperative to how we construct our own identities throughout our life. It is exactly these early impressionable events of witnessing life, sunsets, a street fight, car crash, a passionate embrace that have left me speechless at images I have experienced and inspired me to create my own.
Find me on Google Plus
Note: A link to a non-Society site does not imply endorsement.