Thames Valley portfoliosSee Member Portfolios
DI Group Thames Valley Centre
Date: 30th January 11
Time: 10:00AM - 3:30PM
Location: Coopers Hill Community Centre, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 7QS
Contact: Roger Norton
Phone: 01628 622279
Members Rate: £5.00
Group: Digital Imaging
Region: Thames Valley
Relevant Material: TVDIG Poster - January 2011
MORNING: FAMOUS FOR FIVE MINUTES
... or ten or fifteen!
Following the success of this event in 2009, this is another chance for all attendees (whether RPS/DIG members or not) to hold the attention of the meeting with whatever subject they think will interest the members in the Digital Imaging field. Perhaps showing some prints or projected images, talking about a special technique, or a project, or a new Photoshop plug-in, or your work towards a distinction (RPS and others), or ... it's up to you! No need for a prepared talk (unless you want to) - just come and take the floor for 5 - 15 minutes. If you have not already indicated your willingness to contribute, please contact Roger Norton with a title and a one sentence description.
AFTERNOON: PRINTER TEST PRINTS REVIEW
An informal discussion lead by Roger Norton and Alan Cross to delve a little deeper into the interpretation of the results from the test prints from Mike McNamee's excellent presentation last September. Please bring you test charts with you or collect them at the meeting if you haven't already done so. If you have made any improvements to your printing set-up, you might like to bring a new test chart for visual comparison.
Followed by ... YOUR PRINT WORKSHOP
This informal 'prints around the hall' workshop is designed for you to get feedback on, or simply show off, your prints.
- Have you produced prints that you are proud of and would like to show and perhaps talk about?
- Have you a particular print that you know has potential, but something about it isn't quite right? Here you can ask your peers for advice.
- What about those prints you are entering into your next club competition? Or the ones that scored unexpectedly well (or even badly) in the last one?
- Have you been working on a print portfolio for your RPS or PAGB distinction? Maybe you would like some informal comments.
- Have you recently achieved an RPS or PAGB distinction? We'd love to see your panel.
If you can bring your image(s) on a memory stick (ideally JPEG 1024x768 sRGB), we may also be able to arrange projection for group discussion.
Season Tickets for 2011 will be available. Free tea, coffee and biscuits throughout the day. Bring a pack lunch.
Advance booking advised. More information at www.rpsdig-thamesvalley.org.uk