20 August 2015
Capturing the City
RPS London has teamed up with the Bank of England for an exciting photographic project called “Capturing the City”. We are looking for pictures that are based on some of the images from the Bank’s archive. The best 20 images will be displayed in the exhibition Capturing the City: Photography at the Bank of England, which will be held at the Bank of England Museum. The exhibition will run for a year from January 2016.
How to Participate
- Take a picture of the same location using as much creativity and imagination as you like. Please note that we are not looking for exact copies, we just need your image to depict the same place as the original.
- @RPS Members: Create an album in the gallery section of the website and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- @Non-RPS Members: Email your images to email@example.com (max 72 dpi, 585 pixels along the longest side).
- In the ‘Title’ box, please indicate the code number of the corresponding archive image (these can be found in the ‘Title’ boxes in the archive album.
- Last date for uploads is the 31st October 2015.
- There is no limit on the number of pictures you can upload.
- Please retain high-res copies of your images for printing purposes, if your images are selected for the exhibition.
- Images must be taken on or after the 20th August. If, however, you have any old archive images, we would be interested to see them too, but not as part of your submission. Please email these separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hashtag for Twitter and Instagram: #CapturingtheCityBoE.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Image: Collage of archive images © Bank of England and courtesy of Bank of England archive.
The Small Print
The images entered into the competition must not infringe any copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party. If the copyright of or other intellectual property rights of any third party have been infringed, then the entrant will indemnify RPS London in respect of any of these third party claims.
It is the legal responsibility of the entrant, and not the organisers, to ensure that they comply with these ownership and copyright and other rights requirements, that they own the rights to reproduction of their images and that the images which they submit are lawful and in accordance with these rules.
The copyright of all entries remains with the photographers. The photographer will be credited if the image is used by RPS London.
RPS London and the Bank of England reserve the right to reproduce, without payment, any images for its website for up to two years from 31 December 2014 as well as for publicity and promotion purposes in connection with The Bank’s and The Society’s activities, including within The Society’s Journal and national media.
Personal Data: The RPS may hold and process personal information which you are supplying, in relation to this initiative. It will not pass on your email address or personal data to any third party.