THE PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE COMPETITION
This annual competition is usually held in May, and is appraised by an invited judge.
RULES OF THE PDI COMPETITION
- New Rule 7;
- The format for the file naming in Rule 6;
- Be sure to 'Attach' your image files to your email - don't embed them. If in doubt, please Zip your image files, even if it's just one image.
1. The PDI competition is open to all current Season Ticket holders and those who have purchased a Day Ticket for the day of the competition. There is, however, no requirement to be present on the day.
2. Entrants may submit up to two images; all entries will be displayed as a single class in random order.
3. All images must be the sole copyright of the entrant.
4. Any image submitted must not have been awarded a place in a previous Thames Valley Centre print or PDI competition. That is to say images placed first, second or third or have been Commended or Highly Commended in either the print or the PDI competitions of the Thames valley Centre are ineligible. Images that are substantially the same as a previously placed entry will be regarded, for the purpose of this rule, as the same image. We wish, however, to see new work and the re-submission of any non-placed image is discouraged.
5. Images must be no more than 1400 pixels wide and no more than 1050 pixels high, colour space sRGB, and in JPEG file format.
6. The format to be used for the filenames of images must be the image title followed by your name and any distinctions (spaces allowed), with an UNDERSCORE separating the title from your name. Examples would be:
Another Sunset_Joe Bloggs.jpg
Portrait of a Boy_Mary Poppins ARPS.jpg
Do not use punctuation marks to enclose your image titles, nor put spaces either side of the underscore.
7. In the event that an image does not comply with the of requirements of Rules 5 or 6 above, we reserve the right to adjust the image for our interpretation of best presentation. This may include, but is not limited to, sizing, colour space, file type, correction of filename or any required metadata. As a last resort we will contact the entrant for issues we cannot resolve, with the aim of ensuring a satisfactory presentation for the entrant. Where adjustments are deemed necessary, the RPS, DIG or TVDIG will not take responsibility for any mis-represented image, and images are submitted to the Competition on this understanding.
8. The competition will be judged by an external judge.
9. The judge will determine a winner, a second place, a third place, and award certificates. In addition, up to three Highly Commended images may be awarded certificates. The judge may award as many Commendeds as he/she wishes. Commended images do not receive certificates.
10. All entries must be submitted by email to:
to arrive before midnight on the Wednesday before the competition.
Publishing images: We reserve the right to display the winning images at a low resolution in the Centre’s web site gallery, Any copyright information will be displayed if deemed appropriate. Images are submitted on this understanding.
||LEN DEELEY FRPS
||Mark Buckley-Sharp ARPS
||Micki Aston MCIoJ CPAGB
||Ken Scott ARPS BSC (Hons) Psych
||JOHN SCOTTEN ARPS DPAGB BPE5*
||Rosie Armes FRPS DPAGB EFIAP BPE3*
||JOHN LEWIS LRPS
||Don Byatt ARPS MPAGB EFIAP BPE5*
||LEN DEELEY FRPS DPAGB BPE3
||DAVID PEARSON LRPS
||John Scotten ARPS DPAGB BPE2*
||IAN SILVESTER LRPS
||Judged by ballot of those attending