Despite landscape being one of the oldest photographic genres, we are the newest RPS special interest group! As such, we are still in our infancy and still developing the range of offerings for our membership.
We aim to support our members in developing their skills in creating landscape imagery, whether this is with a traditional or more contemporary approach. Our planned activities to achieve this include:
- a monthly newsletter which features news, events listings, a selection of members’ images each month as well as a “My favourite location” feature which is also contributed by members of the group
- regular field trips to locations spread around the UK
- workshops on a variety of topics
- an online facility for sharing and critiquing work
- an annual conference weekend featuring speakers, workshops and sharing work
- advice days to help members to achieve RPS distinctions.
Please remember, our group can only be as good as the input made by its members so if you are willing to organise or lead any kind of event that you think will be of interest to members, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org Please don’t be shy – all offers of help will be greatly appreciated!
Finally, here are some links you might find helpful or interesting:
Back copies of our newsletters http://rps.org/special-interest-groups/landscape/about/landscape-group-newsletter
Our blog (which contains news and other items which we hope will be of interest) http://rps.org/special-interest-groups/landscape/blogs
Information about the group committee members http://rps.org/special-interest-groups/landscape/about/committee-members
Landscape galleries http://rps.org/special-interest-groups/landscape/galleries
Please note that galleries are added by RPS members with no editorial control exerted by the landscape group. You are encouraged to tag any of your own personal galleries to the landscape group but please only tag galleries that feature landscape images. We really don’t want to see pictures of your pets, what you are eating in the pub or your Uncle Freddie’s birthday party!