Online Member portfoliosSee Member Portfolios
Summer Landscape Photography Course
Date: 15th June 13
Time: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Tutor: Darren Woolway ARPS
Phone: 01225 325 733
Type: Education Workshops
Cost: £65.00Members Rate: £55.00
This is a basic Landscape Course/Photo Walk in Greenwich Park and Greenwich. This time of year the Rhododendrons and Azaleas are in full bloom and the flowerbeds are full of annuals and biennials that are breath taking to photograph. The park also offers deer and wild parrots. The day will finish in the centre of Greenwich looking at the architecture of the National Maritime buildings including the Painted Hall and the Chapel and then a short walk to the newly refurbished Cutty Sark.
This course is for beginners and intermediate, an understanding of Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual Mode would be an advantage.
Blackheath Gate Lodge Entrance to Greenwich Park on Charlton Way.
The course will cover:
- Briefing on Health and Safety and courteous photography
- How to focus manually using live view for macro photography.
- An experiment using wide angle and telephoto lens to see how it affects DOF.
- Composition, Perspective, Creating a Journey.
- Natural History, Deer at Distance.
- How to shoot a panorama.
- How to shoot HDR.
- How to use different metering modes and how to meter to work out which ND Grad filter you need to use
- A guide to the best photographic spots for that specific time of year.
- A look at Picture Styles and shooting in Monochrome and applying different colour filters to see how it affects the tones.
What to bring/equipment
- DSLR camera
- ND Grad Filters (not necessary but useful)
- Range of lenses including Kit 18-5mm, 70-200/300mm, 50mm Prime (If not got all 3 just bring what you have)
- Sensible footwear and clothing.
- Bring a packed lunch or you can purchase lunch at a local cafe.